Man Sentenced After Grenade Found In Airport Luggage 20th January 2021
Welcome to NABIS More info
The National Ballistics Intelligence Service delivers fast-time forensic intelligence as well as tactical and strategic intelligence to tackle all aspects of firearms related criminality within the UK.
- A database (registry) of recovered firearms and ammunition used in
crime, or enter police possession through any means. This Database provides strategic and tactical intelligence which helps to guide law enforcement activity.
- A ballistics comparison capability to link crimes and incidents within 24 to 48 hours in urgent cases.
- An Intelligence Cell tasked with developing, understanding and disseminating strategic and tactical intelligence to police forces and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs).
- An operational support team who develop liaison opportunities between NABIS and its partners, as well as delivering national communications and media strategies.
NABIS works with the police forces of England, Wales and Scotland as well as partner LEAs such as Police Scotland, British Transport Police (BTP), Ministry of Defence Police (MODP), MI5, National Crime Agency (NCA), the UK Border Force (BF) and the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI).
You can view our Annual Reports below:
- It has come to our attention that some of the data contained within the 2017 NABIS annual report is incorrect and we have therefore removed it from the website.
- Annual Report for 2019
- Annual Report for 2018
NABIS: Protecting everyone from the criminal use of firearmsNABIS values:
- Public Safety First
- Continuous Improvement
- Act With Integrity
- Work In Partnership
- Communication Is Key
We are aware of the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. We are in the process of commissioning a new website and will ensure we take all steps to meet the requirements and be fully compliant as soon as possible.
NABIS in the news See all news
New Surrender Scheme Starts To Keep Dangerous Weapons Off Streets 10th December 2020
Officers Find Guns And Ammunition Buried in Warrington 11th November 2020